An HD Video Close Up of Leng's Big Aquarium

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here is a new HD video tour of Leng Sy's experimental big mud tank I was trying to describe earlier this week. This will give you some sense as to why I was awe-struck in person. What a gorgeous tank. Just look at the curves it has. After the 1st minute or so Leng goes back in time to show you the tank when he first set it up and tell his goals which I will post below. Go to the 9.5 minute mark to get an overhead snorkel tour of the SPS corals - it's amazing.

The Experiment:

More:
    All Blog Entries

* I described this tank as a 600 gallon tank in my earlier thread - it is a 600 gallon tank open-top tank, but Leng keeps the water line lower with 500 gallons of water in it just to clear that up. The big wavebox probably has something to do with this.

Here is my earlier thread:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/general-reef-topics/inside-lair-ecosystem-aquariums-128111.html

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

WOW! That is all! speechless! Kinda hatin all my pumps in my 55!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  4. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

i want one. :) of everything...

5. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

Thanks again for sharing matt. Where in the world do you get large corals like this? When I set up my next tank I dont want to have to wait for tiny little frags to grow up. lol

6. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Now i regret buying a skimmer.