good books? and a odd clownfish ?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by BluePhish, Mar 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

i went looking for a good book to quench my thirst for reefing knowledge, but left with nothing.every book picked up was quite short, or full of basic info,more about starting a saltwater tank in general. im looking for something that is more in depth.i need a good book for corals,something beyond newb material.

also im going to throw this ? out there ,is it possible for o.clowns to host green hair algae? ever since my clowns were added they slept in the same corner of my tank, i then had a lil hair algae problem from some bunk live rock, after the levels cleared i added some coral frogspawn for the clowns, and green star polyps,its been 1 month+,no intrest in the frogspawn, but i see them swim in the hair algae like it was a coral, and the sleep in it. it is grown on the glass in the corner that they own. i got snails that are in the process of cleaning the leftover hair algae.just not very fast. my scotter dragonette actully pays the most attention to the new corals, he likes to sit in the new green star polyps. pics and vid coming soon.