Getting STUNG!!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Dador, Apr 5, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

Sort of along the lines of do you unplug you tank before sticking your hands in...
    I was wondering who's had the delight of being stung by Coral or Fish????:p

Something got me in my coral tank...I think it was my green carpet OUCH!:eek:

2. Click Here!

3. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I got nailed by a fire work. It hurt like heck - kind of like a hornet sting and it burned for about 8 hours. An oral solution of Jack Daniels and Coke was the only thing that helped take the sting away :)

4. 90_Berlin_joe

90_Berlin_joe Fire Shrimp

Dador, I don't know about your carpet unless you are super sensetive to that sort of things. Do you have any bristle or flat worms in your tank?

5. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

i got stung by live rock, what the crap is that! actually i think it was little fire corals on it (montipora maybe)

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Lion fish...unloading at the store with non-see through bags....o_O that wasnt fun

7. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Fire Sponge and coral(Millepora), Carpet Anemone's, Curly-Cue Anemone's, Zoosand Catalaphylli are toxic and can give you a sting. Watch out for sea Urchins, some worms, Toad, Lion, and Scorpion fish, Tangs, Foxfaces etc. to name a few.

8. Click Here!

9. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

My previous BTA stung the hell out of me. A small frag of button polyps also got me when I was trying to glue them. My hand felt a bit numb after that. I absolutely try to avoid dipping my hand in there unless it's absolutely necessary. :-/

10. Ruth

Ruth Plankton

I don't seem to be sensitive to corals or anemones but I got tagged by my pistol shrimp the other day when I got too close to his burrow and was not paying attention. Sort of felt like a mini shock but really scared me more than hurt. Been bitten by maroon clown a couple of times and once got a small cut from my Hippo Tang.

11. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

My clown goes after me when I feed my...err...HIS anemone! It doesnt hurt but scares me every time! Never been stung by any corals or anemones tho. But I use tongs and gloves when I have to reach into the tank for feeding them.

12. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Lets see, Sebae Anemone, button polyps, leather coral but that was all minor you can read about my endeavour with some Zo's here

Now on to fish :p. Ive been bitten by allot of fish but like Brandon that just makes you jump but the only times i really had to say OUCH! Nigger trigger took a chunk of my thumb off and my 11" blond Naso tang graised my arm with his tail spike. NOT FUN PEOPLE TRUST ME. ;D

Marc.