Get in line - New Reef Stamps Coming!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by omard, Jan 27, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Going to go quick!

[​IMG]
    http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2004/Jan/01/ln/ln26a.html

Posted on: Thursday, January 1, 2004

Coral Reef stamps to be unveiled

Advertiser Staff

Postmaster General John E. Potter will introduce the new 37-cent Pacific Coral Reef stamps at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow at the Waikiki Aquarium. The stamps will be available at post offices in Hawai'i that day, and across the country the next day.

The new stamps will be produced in panes of 10 that together depict a scene from a painting by Hilo artist John D. Dawson. Although they are being launched in Hawai'i, the scene shows a reef typical of the waters near Guam, with more than two dozen forms of marine life, including corals, sharks, eels, sea cucumbers and such delicate ocean beauties as Spanish dancers and clown triggerfish.

The coral reef stamps are the sixth in an annual series celebrating the nation's plant and animal communities. Deserts, rain forests, prairies, forests and tundra have been featured in the Nature of America series.

Sales and cancellations of the stamps will begin at 9 a.m. at the aquarium and continue through 3 p.m. Parking is available at La Peitra-Hawai'i School for Girls, 2933 Poni Moi Road from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m with a free shuttle service to the aquarium.

Check PO ASAP

Rgds,

OmarD

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Are these still available?

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

RE:

[​IMG]

I picked up set at local PO yesterday.

If you can't get at yours and need, let me know.

OmarD

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Cool. I'll go Monday. :)

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

My local PO still has a number of these new Reef Stamp sheets available. (Cost: $3.70 ea - 10 Stamps)

[​IMG]

If not available any longer in your area - most were sold out long ago - contact me and I will send for cost of stamps + shipping as long as they have some...Matt?

Also have available, blocks of 4, from the 1980 release,

[​IMG]

If interested and want a set, let me know. (they will cost a little more 8) )- Am making some very nice "buttons" out of some now.

Rgds,

OmarD

[​IMG]