GD Baby Fish!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by texanjordan, Apr 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. texanjordan

texanjordan Peppermint Shrimp

The other day I was inspecting my cichlid tank and I noticed a baby fish hiding in the rocks, very small, and in my opinion soon to be one of my VERY aggressive fish's lunch. So I went out and bought a nursery and pretty much tore apart my tank two days in a row trying to catch those GD baby fish! I was able to catch 5 of them and I was pretty confident that I had them all safe, but as i was getting ready to go to bed last night what do i see? Not just one baby fish but two! I am ready to pull out my hair! Im not going to rip apart my aquascape again to catch those two, guess they are just going to be lunch.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

They might surprise you since they have to suffer predation in the wild. They are quite wily as you can tell from your experiences.

4. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

well... i posted the same about 3 months back that my cichlids had babies. i did the opposite and decided to let them try to survive, and naturally they did. i wound up having to take some of them out after they got big enough because my bioload was insane. two different sets of fish were having babies. i wound up with 4 mbunas, 4 psuedotropheus 'acei' and 6 or 7 unknown as they're still too small. i think they were the c afras (white tops).

good luck with your new fish!