Condensation problems from my tank

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by basile, Nov 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Do you have condensation problem in your house or appartment

Poll closed Aug 23, 2012.
  1. yes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. basile

basile Feather Duster

Anybody else with that problem; you wake up in the morning and your windows are full of water, from the condensation of you aquarium? How did you deal with it, your solutions; a rag, open the windows, what else can you do, install some great expensive air exchanger wow let us know. Do you have any other problems related to condensation.

2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I have a dehumidifier that we use when its extra sticky or muggy out. I find that for some reason my water evaporates faster at night. We work midnights so we dont have anything else running and the lights are off.

4. NEW REEFER

NEW REEFER Fire Worm

Being in the HVAC field, I can assure u that the condensation is most likely not from your tank, but instead due to air leaks, big temperature difference between inside and outside, or possibly single pane glass in the window. You almost have to have a swimming pool in your house before that much condensation can occur.

5. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

LOL, I've almost got a swimming pool. We've been getting some condensation and a dehumidifier is on my Christmas list.