ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Eyelash Blennie

Skin: Classic
crustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Wink Best refugium light setup from Drs. Foster and Smith

So i am in the process of converting the back middle chambers of my biocubes into refugiums and need to know what the best way to light them up to grow some cheato! I have been looking at the Taam Rio Mini Sun (white and blue combo) to light it from the top! There is also an underwater light that i thought might work? The Marina Micro LED lights that are submersible. What do you think is the best light to grow cheato in the back of a biocube?
thanks

I was gonna order the 5w underwater light from IntankLLC.com but they are backordered~
crustytheclown is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 06-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
3reef Moderator

Skin: Dark
2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

How about the Home Depot special? A cone Reflector and a 6500K spiral compact fluorescent bulb.
2in10 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Eyelash Blennie

crustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond reputecrustytheclown has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

well i was thinking about that but wouldnt i have to scrap off the back black paint off the glass to make up a setup like this?
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Sea Dragon

Barbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond reputeBarbarossa has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

+1 for the $15 home depot option. If I recall correctly, the Rio led will not work with timers which is why I didn't go with it.
Barbarossa is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Eyelash Blennie

gallery

barbarossa, do you recall why this Rio light would not work with a timer?
Old 06-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Eyelash Blennie

gallery

i was really not wanting to scrap the back of the biocube. Any other suggestions? It looks like there is a LED light by Hydor as well? Pretty cheap also $10 bucks!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
3reef Moderator

2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

The cone is a clip-on. Attach to the tank edge if there is room.
2in10 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
Millepora

Skin: Mint
ccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond reputeccscscpc has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I went the Home Depot special route and my mangroves are sticking out of the top of the fuge now....growing like crazy!
ccscscpc is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Finback Whale

Night-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond reputeNight-Rida has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

try to get the CFL flood lights, its a spiral bulb inside a flood light with a built-in reflector.. some what waterproof (from splashes) I think im using a 26w CFL flood light now. its 5100k or 6500k..
Night-Rida is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
Eyelash Blennie

gallery

Ok well! I get that many have made lights DIY from Home Depot and such, and i dont want to come off as a **** head, but my question was for suggestions on lights i could order from the Drs. Foster and Smith site! I am strapped for cash and need to buy this on credit and get it delivered to my door cause i dont have a car! So would the Taam Rio Mini Sun grow cheato a few inches below the waters surface in a refugium? Cause this is the light i am leaning towards!

Click Here!