How does this RO/DI system layout look?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by NiNeX, Aug 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NiNeX

NiNeX Astrea Snail

Been slowly planing the RO/DI system, and now that the new washroom is almost complete I was getting ready to order the parts I will be needing. The following parts list in the attached layout is all from the filter guys, at the moment.

I know the system is more then what is necessary but in the long term I think the auto flush and dual RO w/booster will be worth the extra up front cost.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

4. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Otty, are you using the Typhoon III? What do you think of its construction/performance/ value?

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Yes I use the Typhoon III and love it. Plus the customer support at AWI is outstanding. The only thing I added to the system was a inline TDS meter.

6. NiNeX

NiNeX Astrea Snail

I briefly looked at Air, Water, & Ice a while ago, and was not very impressed that the first stage was a 10 micron filter. Our existing whole house filtration system gets the water down to 5 microns.

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I bought this one last month and it is awesome. Easy to set up and use and uses a .25 micron filter. Read up on it.

[​IMG]Luna

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

I be coming to your house to get my water....lol nice one luna!

1 person likes this.
  10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

You can get a 1 micron sediment prefilter core and a 1/2 micron carbon block anywhere . I looked at your R/O Plans and its way over kill there is a unit called Kold steril that delivers better water at 5 GPM and thats at 50 PSI of main pressure. I have installed filtration systems for Labs and Factories that was not as complicated as this design . As for what brand is better then one or the other beyond the name on the canisters or mounting bracket there is not a dimes worth of difference between any of these R/O D.I units .

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Any time you want bro. Just remember that I like Coronas with a lime.;D Luna

12. NiNeX

NiNeX Astrea Snail

Most of the complexity in that layout is from me doing it in visio, and trying to use the 'proper' objects.

Most everything on the left side is really a single RO/DI system component.

It is just fed by the booster pump to make sure the RO is operating at peak efficiency, and then the auto flush unit attached to the drain line will flush on system startup and once an hour thereafter to keep the membranes running as efficient as possible.

I am looking at the dual RO as that gets almost twice the output water for the same amount of waste. And the dual DI is because I am lazy and it will allow the first DI to be fully used, while it fails over to the second one without my TDS numbers being affected.