Eheim 2227 here

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by dfurbee, Dec 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dfurbee

dfurbee Plankton

;D Just arrived!! Will set it up as soon as I get a chance, my fish are happy now, but will be happier soon.Any suggestions on set up?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ahh the cool pulsating Eheim canister with unique wet/dry. 8)

I am sure the manual has it covered and I will only add to make sure to pay attention to priming instructions so you don't burn it out.

I'd be excited too. Those are quality canisters. I had a much older Eheim at one point and was very happy with it. They are very, very quiet and well designed.

Eheim 2227 aquarium Wet/Dry Filter

4. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

hey! Welcome to the club...

Eheim 2227 is indeed a great piece of hardware... It works well an creates pretty nice wave effect. It's also very silent.... Good stuff...

Cheers!

5. dfurbee

dfurbee Plankton

Thanks, I plan to set it up tomorrow :)

6. dfurbee

dfurbee Plankton

Pump is up and running, it is neat the way if pulsates, now I do not need a wave maker :)

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That is cool. 8)
    I'd love to see pics or videos if you have a chance!

8. Click Here!

9. dfurbee

dfurbee Plankton

Will post pics, but first have to buy a new USP cord, my other one came up MIA. Water sure looks good now!

10. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

One tip:

Install sponge on the inlet pipe. Ehfi substrat Pro (filter medium) gets clogged very easily. You should always clean at most the half of the medium (2 baskets) with aquarium water!

Cheers!

11. kooma

kooma Plankton

Hello all, just joined this board...

I'm interested in hearing your response on the 2227. I am looking at the 2227 or the 2327 but I have read that these units will cause problems with any HOB skimmer as it causes the waterlevel in the tank to fluctuate.

Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone tell me what's the best canister for a saltwater - price no object. Please do not say Sump. My cabinet cannot support a sump.

Thanks in advance!!!

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Regarding the 2227 and HOB skimmers - I haven't seen the 2227 in action but many HOB skimmers would be fine because they draw water from several inches down with the submersed pump.

I imagine if you had a overflow box (optional on the Remora for example) that the pump sat in, these could be disturbed if the water line in the main tank did swing a lot. They are adjustable though, so you might be able to find the sweet spot if you had too.

I've owned a couple Eheim canisters over the years, they are top notch. I don't know of others that have the same reputation. Others are catching up from what I can see, but this guy still says Eheim is the way to go with canisters.