GSP on the back glass

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Peredhil, Nov 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

This is not a question. I am doing it. ;D;D8)8)

I thought I would document it. So I will update this thread from time to time.

First, a bit of reference.

This is where I originally placed this coral. December 28, 2008.

[​IMG]

Exactly one month later. January 28, 2009.

[​IMG]

As of last week, that rock is nuking. This stuff grows rather insidiously. I saved a few pieces and super glued them to the back glass. I think the purple is kind of sissy looking and want the green (on a purple mat ;))

So here it is today, 11/28/2009 (what is with the 28th and this coral :confused:)

I will update whenever I see noticeable difference.

[​IMG]

close up of 3 pieces. from left to right quarter size, two quarters high and one polyp wide, nickel sized (I only had change to reference b4 gluing :p)

[​IMG]

and the fourth. roughly the size of a hot wheel.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

im doing the same thing. Ive got some pretty decent growth so far. But it seems to have slowed now.

4. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

keep us updated. It would pretty cool to see a whole carpet of GSP covering the back glass

5. robwerden

robwerden Feather Duster

I put a GSP mat on a rock in the back of my tank and it started to do that on its own.

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Cool. I don't like pink/purple on my glass either. And black is drab so GSP will be interesting at least.
    I went for the blue look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

WOW AV8, your tank looks so real. Is that you scubaing? ;D;D:p:p

Do you scrape the back glass to keep the blue viewable? I had just put up one of those wallpapers (a freshwater one no less!)

8. Click Here!

9. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Looks good. I cant wait to see how it turns out. I moved mine up next to the overflow box hoping it will grow around it. I seen it in a LFS and it looked great. Keep us posted.

10. dirtysumpguy

dirtysumpguy Plankton

I've seen tanks that did that before - it didn't turn out too well - the GSP took over the tank. I will see if I can dig up the links.

11. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I personally like xenia or anthelia for the back glass . . . the pulsing of the xenia makes the tank seem sooo alive. My xenia just recently started creeping up on my glass on my 125 and I found up today I might be upgrading soon if the bank accepts the offer on the new house. cant wait to see how yours turn out, and if I get my 180 up soon enough we can race to see whos background gets covered faster!

~Will.

12. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Haha.. yeah. I scrape mine. I have one of those super long scrapers for the low parts back there. When I painted the back I tried to put darker blue at the bottom and whiter blue as i got to the top to make it look more like it's underwater but I needed more contrast. Wouldn't mind doing it over but I can't get back there very well.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.