Coral RX Pro review with images

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by steve wright, Jan 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I had seen the banner on the site often
    I had not seen the product until last weekend
    I picked up a bottle at the same time as a new SPS coral

these images are not very good - I was focused on the coral and took these quickly in order to deal with the priority

[​IMG]
    I used a 1 litre handled pan for the dipping
    combined with 8 drops of the Coral RX pro - 30 drops per gallon is norm

I did not use power head , but swirled the coral in the mixture for a few minutes

[​IMG]

this coral had 3 crabs in it of various sizes or 1 crab and 2 previous molts?
    [​IMG]
    what you cant see, because they where dead by the time I took this image was the number of very small creatures that where swimming around after the coral was removed - there where flat worms and other tiny bugs - Im not sure which if any of these would have resulted in a future reef threatening issue, but the contents of that pan proved to me that Coral RX does exactly what it says on the bottle

Steve

3 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Aww poor little crab. But good to know that the stuff works like it's supposed to!

4. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

safe to assume that little bottle was a good investment.

5. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

I use the same stuff.... Ive seen flatworms, asterinas, and other creatures.

Stuff is awesome. I will be buying another bottle when mine runs out. Small little bottle last along time.

Smart choice Steve.

6. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

Wow!:eek: I will be adding this to my "better safe than sorry" list. Thank you Steve. :thumb_up:

7. steve wright

yes my instincts tell me it was a harmless acro crab, and I tried with tweezers, cocktail stick and even a pipette with water in - to get it out of the coral, but with the coral being my focus, I did not want to have it out of water to long while I worried about the crab or crabs

it seems to be to me Clarky - small dose seems to be very powerfull

Thank you Patrick - its one of those products I have bought that made me wish I had found it earlier.

welcome vankirk
    SPS take ages to grow and losing them due to pests is an experience I have fortunately not had as yet
    this product looks as if it will change the good fortune I have had, into good judgement for the future

Steve

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thanks for the good review, Steve. I either missed it or did you not mention what type of coral were you dipping?

Was it an acro? I've seen some similar looking crabs residing on acros. Small gorilla or acro crabs. They both eat the acro either way, so good call.

I'll keep an eye out for this product.

10. steve wright

It was a Acro coral Magnus
    I think the smallest one was an acro crab , a light blue coloured one

Steve

11. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

We have been looking for this product locally at our LFS. Since the tank is being rebuilt, we are going to start it off right and dip all our corals with this stuff before adding it to our DT. Unfortunately we can not find it around us. We have actually refused to buy some corals that we loved at our LFS simply because we dont have this product. We are going to order it online.

Glad to hear your review of the product. I knew it was good because Inwall told me it was, but always good to hear others rave on it!

12. theaquapond

theaquapond Bristle Worm

I wonder if it kills aptasia