What I do with my spare (yeah right) time.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by gazog, Aug 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I just got done with this table, I have actullyt been working on it for right around 5 week, shows ya how
    much spare time I really have. I thought maybe some of you would like to see it.

Hope you like it,
    [​IMG]
    The flower in the center is made of of some kind of nut shells I collected in the keys 8 years ago, at that
    time my wife said that I was crazy and what in the hellp are you going to to do with those. When she saw
    the table for the first time she couldn't belive that I still had them. The look really nice with a coat of
    Varnish on them which I still have to do today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have had the base for about 6 years, we found it at a antique store one day. It originally had a wrought iron
    table top on it that didn't come with the legs and was ugly as shirt so I trashed the top and stored the base
    till I could figure out what I wanted to do with it. For what worth I was told the whole table was about 80 years old
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, no comment on the deck that needs painting, I know I should have done that first, wife reminds me every day! LOL

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Man thats a beautiful piece... Awesome job.... I wish I could come up with something like that...

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Great job dude, looks really good. I love doing homemade/diy projects. On behave of your wife, shes right, when are you going to pressure clean, varnish and seal the deck? C'mon now........chop chop! :hehe: Luna

5. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

Your table is beautiful!

6. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Thank you for the kind words, I love doing stuff like this, just wish I had more time to do it.

Luna, Man I go on here to escape that kind of stuff! LOL, Honestly my wife has only said that it really needs to be done once, she understands the need for relaxation after a week of , "my printer isn't working", "I cant find my files", "The server is down again" so she just doesn't bother me on the weekends.

1 person likes this.
  7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Jeez am I jealous. Nice table bro. My grandma made a small coffee table out of glass "softened up" up by the tides that she found over the years while beachcombing. It was a depiction of the Seattle Skyline. That which you just made is the kind of thing that is passed from generation to generation. Good job dude. Ya just made an heirloom!!! John.

8. Click Here!

9. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Sweeet looking table! don't feel bad, my wife is always asking me to do something too...lol
    I rather do what I like first though.

10. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

That is ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!

Gin

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

12. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

wow! incredible art-work on that piece, nicely done! BTW is that your first piece that youve done or are there more beauties about?

Matty