PETA is finally equal opportunity

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by inwall75, Nov 27, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Last year when PETA distributed comic books to little kids telling them that "mommy kills", I thought it was sexist. Kind of like the evil stepmom from Grimm's fairy tales.

Well, they apparently realized they were being unfair. This years comic book is titled, "Your Daddy Kills Animals" and instructs children to ask their daddy why he's hooked on killing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to read this years installment, here's the link. http://www.fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf

PS keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He's so hooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next.

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

omg...thats terrible...PETA is crazy...i mean sure there is overfishing...but they dont need to make the little kids that their parents are doing it personally....

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

That's my thought as well. It doesn't do the animals any good if little kids are afraid/distrusting of their parents.

5. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Biggest load of HOG wash I've ever seen. I can think of a lot stronger words. But, I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone. Especially PETA. People who Engage in Trouble Altogether. Also people with way too much time on their hands with lots of money who have nothing better to do.

People with no clue about how life really works.

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you will not have to listen to his incessant whining about how hungry he is.”
    :D

6. telman2010

telman2010 Bristle Worm

Amen Diver. I can't stand groups like PETA. They are right and nobody is gonna convince them otherwise. Phhfft. If they really want to do something about the issuses they claim to care about so much, then they have to go with a more middle of the road approach. Instead they have to go to extremes, which just makes everyone think they are a bunch of idiots.

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

LOL!!!

Here's the funny thing....they claim that they would NEVER give the pamphlet to ANY child under 13. However, how many 13 years olds do you know who call their father "Daddy" or refer to dogs and cats as "doggies" or "kitties". This is of course unimportant because they don't want people to have pets either.

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

For lack of better words.....that's royally f-d up!

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Unbelievable.
    I'd like to go to their office and see what kind of hypocrisy is there.. leather shoes, etc..

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

In the fish news on the right side of the home page, there was a link to another thread on this subject. http://www.underwatertimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1968

Here's what one person wrote and I think they stated clearly my feelings on the subject.

12. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

I've always thought PETA, the whole organization are run by extemists and I compare them to the KKK in going to the extreme to make a point.

I think parents should sue that stupid organization for child corruption. Not everyone kills and if they dont like carnivorous people, too hell with them. You couldn't save every single animal out there anyways, so why should people go to the extreme to fight till the end to remove meats from store shelves? It's like fighting for world peace, it will never be achieved.

They are wasting time, money, and putting out a sh*t load of propaganda out there, more than what we need.

DOWN WITH PETA! :)