My other hobby.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Vinnyboombatz, May 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been doing models for about 28 years. Very relaxing for me when I get the chance. I actually just finished a Batboat for a friends kid. It was the first time anyone has commisioned me to do this kind of thing and have to say I rather enjoyed it. I usually do planes,ships, and tanks but decided to try something different for a change. If any of you former/current Military guys would like to have your military vehicle reproduced P.M. me. I have just about run out of room for the kits I have done but will keep modeling anyway.LOL;)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

WOW!!! You have many talents, that car looks great!

You should post other models you have created. I just inherited a hand made wooden ship my grandfather made. Every time I walk past it I look at all the detail and rope, very cool hobby.

1 person likes this.
  4. Vinnyboombatz

Thanks!!Heres some more. I have been on a car kick lately.LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Vinnyboombatz

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Sweet rides Vinny!

I myself have built models since about the age of 10/11,and still do for my 12 year old now (I paint and detail,he assembles,lol) and it makes for great kid time.

Just finished a 2010 dodge challenger for my son and am currently working a10 warthog for myself.My sons preference is the newer sporty rides and monster trucks,where my preference is 1/35 military vehicles of all types and era's and an occasional nostalgic hotrod here and there.

Nice looking work!

1 person likes this.
  7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Wow those area nice, what cars are they modeled after? Is it skyline, saleen s7, and no idea for the third :p

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Wow, Vinny. Those cars looks great. Can we see some ships?

Could you do a model M5A6 Mitsubishi Zero Fighter (doesn't need to be nearly as detailed)? Something I could out in the tank to cover with coralline? I've looked but can never find it the right size. It's always either way too big or way too small.

10. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

are those custom paint jobs?

11. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Wow Vinny. Very nice work. You must be a bottomless pit of patience, lol!

12. Vinnyboombatz

Thank you!!Post some pics I would love to see them.

Thank you. I too do lots of armor. I will post some more pics soon of some other completed kits. Please post some pics of your work as I would love to see it.

The first kit is of the 95 Nismo GT-R Le Mans Racer.It was actually supposed to be red and white but the decals disintegrated on me. I thought I had just received an old kit but upon reading reviews I found out the decals are just faulty on this particular kit.:cry:
    The second is a 2005 Raybrig Honda NSX.
    The third one is 2006 Open Interface Tom's Lexus SC430.(Super Gt Championship winner)
    Thanks for the kind words.;)

I recently got rid of the last ship I built because they take up lots of room.I actually have the battleship Bismark in the bullpen right now but until I get a case large enough I will not start it as they get dusty fast and it is hard to remove. I am thinking a fishtank would make a perfect case for it.Upside down and done.LOL They have about three hundred different Zero kits as it is a very popular plane. If you are serious I will try to find a cheap kit and we can figure something out. Just let me know what size you would like and its not a problem.Thanks for the kind words bro!

These particular kits were actually painted a base color(for the most part) and the second color is made up of decals.(not easy) Sometimes I feel it would be easier to just paint both colors but I rather enjoy decaling for some reason.

Thanks Jerry.I am.(for the most part.lol)

Last edited: May 10, 2012