ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 AM
KingFish

Skin: Mint
Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery
Default Australian Buckles Up Beer Not Child

This is messed up. John you must straighten these people out.

FOXNews.com - Australian Man Fined for Using Seat Belt for Case of Beer, Not Child - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

"DARWIN, Australia An Australian man has been fined after buckling in a case of beer with a seat belt but leaving a 5-year-old child to sit on the car's floor, police said Tuesday.

Constable Wayne Burnett said he was "shocked and appalled" when he pulled over the unregistered car Friday in the central Australian town of Alice Springs.

The 30-can beer case was strapped in between two adults sitting in the back seat of the car. The child was also in back, but on the car's floor.

"The child was sitting in the lump in the center, unrestrained," Burnett told reporters Tuesday.

"I haven't ever seen something like this before," he said. "This is the first time that the beer has taken priority over a child."

The driver was fined 750 Australian dollars about $710 for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle and for failing to ensure a child was wearing a safety belt."
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Panda Puffer

aquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond reputeaquaboy has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I told you them aussies are an odd bunch! And what let JohnO straighten them out? are you crazy? is this a joke? he'll bend them into a circle!
aquaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Skunk Shrimp

target001 has helped out a lot around heretarget001 has helped out a lot around here

gallery

sadly enough its a day to day thing in aus, alot of people do it especially in the small towns in the middle of nowhere

if johnO is to sort these people out he will be very busy for many years

Last edited by target001; 05-13-2008 at 02:35 PM.
target001 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
Montipora Capricornis

mattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond reputemattgeezer has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

geez , dad used to put me in the back of the ute and the dog in the front seat!! no sorting out needed down here fellas!!
mattgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
3reef Moderator

JohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant future

gallery

Why do I have to straighten them out? I mean Kev and I both said SORRY, so it's no longer my fault, so there
JohnO is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 PM   #6
Eyelash Blennie

Skin: Classic
wastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond reputewastemanagement has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
3link 
gallery

I recon they got all wrong,
Kid probly jumped on the floor of the holden Kingswood to pick up some loose change that fell out of his dads stubbies just as his dad stopped for the Policeman,
and the copper just saw the kid on the floor
In reality the blokes were looking after the kid real good by supplying him with a cold booster seat to ward off the wicked N.T heat
wastemanagement is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
3reef Moderator

JohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant future

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastemanagement View Post
I recon they got all wrong,
Kid probly jumped on the floor of the holden Kingswood to pick up some loose change that fell out of his dads stubbies just as his dad stopped for the Policeman,
and the copper just saw the kid on the floor
In reality the blokes were looking after the kid real good by supplying him with a cold booster seat to ward off the wicked N.T heat
Don't know what all the fuss is about Everyone knows that an unrestrained loved one in the back seat can be a killer, that's why they have seatbelts in the back isn't it? Why else would the the 30-can beer case been securely buckled up?

I know this as a fact as I still bear the 'nodding dog" scar in the back of my head.

John
JohnO is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #8
3reef Moderator

Skin: Classic
amcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

amcarrig is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!

Tags
australia, beer