atom smashing. god help us all

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by BluePhish, Sep 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

wonder if anyone else has heard about this test that started yesterday.im not a star trek lover lol, but read this its some crazy stuff!!.
    Atom-smashing scientists hope for the unexpected - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    hmm lets try to recreate the big bang the most mind boggling force in the universe here on earth :-/

im with them on finding finding out the secrets of the universe, and new fuel ect.. but aint it scarey when they say out loud! they dont know what will happen.

2. Click Here!

3. muecyl

muecyl Feather Duster

yes, it is a bit scary on the subjective level but on the level they are working with it is sticks and stones to other threats... ( i.e. nukes, Bio. DNA alterations, and hacking). At least the results of this or published, whats killing me is what ever happened to Anna Nicole Smith's nutritionist ? JK... bad joke:eek:

4. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Oh well, another world ending event passed without so much as a murmer. There is hope though! I believe Hale-Bopp could be passing again soon :)

John

5. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Yep, been on the news alot over here i guess its cos its an european project.

Smashing protons together at the speed of light to replicate the big bang. The news reporters were stating that there was a miniscule chance that the end of the world would be here, but apprently the experiment was a success!!

6. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

Could be worse, have you looked at FNM, FRE, LEH stock recently....

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  7. glampka

glampka Coral Banded Shrimp

All they did yesterday was fire the thing up. It will be months before they get it up to FULL power. Nothing to worry about at the moment.

8. Click Here!

9. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

Pork barrel project. European version.

10. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

it doesn't recreate the big bang it just recreates the conditions immediately after it happened so they can better understand it. it pretty awesome it would take the equivelant of 6 million dvds to store all the information that this takes in during the experiment.

11. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

What if the "big bang" really didnt happen?

Hahahaha...last post in this thread for me!;D

12. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

17 Mile circlular tunnel, huge magnets pulling protons through tunnels in opposite directions, so fast something like 9.999999990 of a second close to the speed of light, over 11,000 times round the 17 mile circuit in 1 second, now that is fast, then colliding them together to recreate the effects after the big bang, to find or prove a theory that the higgs boson exists, professor hawkings as waged a 100 dollar bet they will not find it, hmmm 5 billion pounds & over 14 years, it will take a full year for it to reach its full potential, some scientists worry that were playing god they say there is a chance of opening up black holes even as pin point they could grow if they don't subside sucking in the whole of the earth would take 4 years, comes in time nicely for the mayan calender prediction in 2012. very interesting lol...

Could be true could be a load of cobblers, either way time will tell....