Valentini puffer attacking clownfish

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by EmilyJ, Apr 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. EmilyJ

EmilyJ Plankton

Ok. So ive been a marine hobbiest for only 4 months.I have done alot of research about this hobby. I Have a Valentini Puffer fish. chocolate chip starfish, Two Percula clownfish, three crabs, and a few turbo snails. Just recently i had velvet in my tank, and it killed my first clownfish...(my puffer got along with) A month later i was able to purchase a pair of clownfish. They were doing fine in my tank for about a week, when my puffer began to pick away at them...he doesnt pick at the snails very much and leaves my starfish alone. I didnt have this problem before, and i havent heard of anyone else having this problem either. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this or if i am looking at possibly removing the clowns from my tank ( can not part with my puffer). My puffer has a very good diet that consists of bloodworms, krill, brine, flake foods ext. Any suggestions help. Thankyou

2. Click Here!

3. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

re arrange rock work?

4. EmilyJ

EmilyJ Plankton

I just did a few days ago. I originally had a few pieces of live rock lying around in random places of the tank. ive been slowly adding more rock to my tank. and i just started stacking the rocks. Puffer seems to like it. but my clowns just stay in theyre sand bed all day.