stuff needed to be addressed

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by cira030, Nov 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

ok i have a fragged xenia. it is in 3 pieces on one small scrap rock. on that rock also is 4 zoas and 2 new-borns. this piece of scrap rock has a hair algae problem. my whole tank used to but my turbo snail surprisingly took care of that overnight. i caught the snail for the first time trying to clean the scrap rock but i took him off because i was afraid he would eat the xenia and everything else on there. will he? and is this a problem that there is hair algae all around the coral? what should i do. please address all of these issues. i have noticed sometimes people only answer one of the questions and i end up asking them later.

thanks a lot,
    ryan

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

you cant see the algae in the pic but its long and moving with the current

4. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

im sorry but and is the very first zoa on the top of all of them the biggest one dead?

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

The Turbo snail will not eat your coral. I would put it back to help clean up the rock with the coral on it

I hope I've answered all the issues

6. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Agreed. Leave the snail in there...sometimes..they even crawl on the corals...but they dont hurt them. I have a Green Star Polyps that my snails, and even red leg hermits crawl on every now and then to get algae, etc. in the area. Never does any harm.

7. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

ok thanks a lot guys. and is that one dead? the one i talked about above (read)?