Scary Worm Creature on LR

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dancin_trancy, Jan 13, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dancin_trancy

dancin_trancy Fire Worm

Hello All,
    Well I got my first fish a couple days ago and he is doing great! Getting him a buddy tonight! :) Of course, after purchasing him I discovered this worm like creature sticking out of my live rock (only comes out when light is off) I wasn't able to take a pic nor locate anything similar online, although I was searching under worm, but not sure if it is actually a form of worm.

Its probably 1-2 cm diameter and stretched anywhere from 1-2 inches, looked a dark blue/black or gray, with two blue rings towards the head area. The end or mouth seemed to turn in words, then push back out (pretty gross to watch) when it pushed itself back out, these looked to be red tentacles would stick out in a circle fashion then go back in.

I am concerned that he might harm my tank mates...does ANYONE have any ideas of what the heck this thing is...if it is dangerous, how to get rid of it...its just so scary looking!! :)

Can someone point me in the right direction?

(Its isn't a feather duster, thats all that kept coming up online)

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

4. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

Dead giveaway peanut worm

5. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

i have one, heard they are beneficial. yikes, peanuts!

6. karlas

karlas Fire Goby