Little white spots on Niger Trigger

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dragonflylures, Dec 25, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dragonflylures

dragonflylures Flamingo Tongue

I have a FOWLR tank right now and it's been running for about 2 years. As of today I noticed white spots on my Niger Trigger but non of the other fish (3 damsels, 2 percula clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, threadfin Butterfly). My copepod population has exploded lately and he sleeps in the rocks somewhere (have no idea as you can't find him for at least 5 minutes after the lights come on).

Could it be copepods on him? He never stops moving like the tang or butterfly to really look close. The last thing I put in was turbo snails a couple of weeks ago. I just did a water change yesterday, PH is good, no nitrates -- I have a 72 gallon bowfront with an anenome and snails/hermits for the other tank mates.

Oh yeah, the white spots appear to be really small like copepods and there must be around 20 or so -- he had non on him yesterday. If they are copepods will they bother him? Thanks for any info.

2. Click Here!

3. JayLloyd73

JayLloyd73 Astrea Snail

Are you sure it is'nt ick? as this is what it sounds like but I don't want to insult you.

4. dragonflylures

dragonflylures Flamingo Tongue

I guess it could be, never seen it come on that fast on one fish. I'll have to see what happens tomorrow, don't have a QT and don't really want to dose with meds just yet. :-/

5. dark126

dark126 Astrea Snail

dont worry make sure that youre system is clean and water clear temperature stabel the spot will go way 2 weeks maxmam . thise spot coming some time . but if you see the eye of the fish cover with wite colore thise is another issu.