Golbys SICK!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by PorkyBubs, Feb 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PorkyBubs

PorkyBubs Spaghetti Worm

I have one of those multi color neon green golbies and he has like mucus all over him and he not feeling well, any ideas?

Sand is easily getting stuck his his the tips of everything.

He is still swimming but not much mainly kinda floating on sand bed.

i added 4 new fish two days ago and one died a few hours later so LFS replaced it for another yesterday.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

for some reason he is producing excess slime

4. PorkyBubs

PorkyBubs Spaghetti Worm

Yeah, i read that there is probably parasites on him and to get some anti w.e, should i fresh water dip him for 15?

5. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

4 fish added, 1 fish already dead. What are your water parameters? Could be the little guy's reacting to an ammonia spike?

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

hes right if were to have any hope of helping you wee need to know your tank.

if you go to the asap forum there is a sticky were it will ask you the stuff we need to know.

7. PorkyBubs

PorkyBubs Spaghetti Worm

One who died over night i assumed wasnt well, the replacement guy i took a look at and it looks like he has some tail disease so im treating the whole tank but the green golby in his own tank for hopefully fast recovery. He seem to stop making so much slim but who knows.

8. Click Here!

9. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

Be it on your head then. You have one fish sick, now two, and one dead. You would know if you tested your tank. That question form exists for a reason, to help both us and you diagnose problems which result in dead livestock. Never assume, always test.

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

The fact that you added 4 fish at once could also be a problem. That's just asking for a HUGE ammonia spike to whipe out anything weak in your tank, such as the two already sick fish. You've got to add fish slowly so that your filtration and bacteria can keep up with the added load. Normally 1 fish every 2 weeks is the norm, until you're fully stocked.

What are you tank parameters?

11. macabe

macabe Purple Spiny Lobster

what gallons your tank dude 4 fish is allot to add in 1 day and how big is tank?