glass holes overflow help

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Toallhisdoom, Jul 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

just drilled my tank, put magic lube on the bulk head gaskets and put it all together. so how tight is this thing supposed to be? when i go to tighten it the gaskets pushes out the sides away from the bulkhead. am i just tightening it to much? it seems not tight enough when they start to push out? in asap because i put the magic lube on it. not sure what will happen if i try and take it apart later after it dries? not sure what this stuff is or does. please help

2. Click Here!

3. reefermadnes

reefermadnes Bristle Worm

That lube doesnt dry and doesnt really seal that good if used it and had a small leak. Its better to use silicone. When putting the bulkhead on make it finger tight then use pliars or something like that and turn it about a quarter of a turn. Its best to put silicone on both side of the gaskett and also on the nut so you have a complet seal. Some will ooze out when you tighten it just smooth it out with your finger and let it dry for a day or two before you put water in it.

4. reefermadnes

reefermadnes Bristle Worm

Since you put lube on it clean it off with rubbing alcohol before using the silicone also clean off the glass around the hole with alcohol.