Reef Angel Goes WiFi

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The open-source controller Reef Angel just went to the next level with the release of a WiFi attachment. Now you can have wireless control of your aquarium over the Internet, receive email updates and even send them over Twitter. Oh my. If you have been following crank's mad development, you know this is just the beginning. Starting today, you can get the Reef Angel WiFi for $99. Seems like money well spent.

[​IMG]
    Reef Angel WiFi Attachment

Wifi Attachment - US$99

Did you ever want that your Reef Angel Controller could access the internet wirelessly?
    Whether sending emails or controlling it through the web to even send twiter updates, this is what you were waiting for.

Note: The pre-loaded demo software will not communicate with this attachment without code modification.

Reef Angel Web site:
    Reef Angel Controller Kit

3reef Threads:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/general-reef-topics/updated-demo-reefangel-client-suite-93810.html

http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-radar/reef-angel-open-source-controller-89481.html

2. Click Here!

3. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

I know there's been a lot excitement around this bad boy. Definitely a lot of potential here... If anyone picks one up and would like to try it out with the new client, please give me some feedback on your experience!

4. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Oh my. This controller is getting more enticing daily, it seems.

5. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

This controller is getting better each time.. Plus, Cranks custom app looks sick, dammit... lol.. Hmmm, I could purchase 2 RA for the price of an elite... That would solve my issue.. That's what I get for building a massive system!

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hi Crank - do you have any plans specifically for this WiFi Attachment?

matt

7. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

So far, nothing specific to just WiFi. I'd definitely like to make sure the stuff I've been working on lately also supports the wireless attachment, for sure. I know there's going to be users that will decide on the Angel entirely because of the WiFi support and I would like to make sure everything I've done to date is compatible. Based off a brief conversation with Roberto on how the communication works, it looks like everything on the PC side should work no problem, regardless of WiFi/USB which is great. Just going to have to work in an elegant solution on the controller side to determine which method to use. Maybe another menu option or something. So at some point, probably after the first beta gets released, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pick one of these up. Even though my little USB extension is working great in my scenario haha.