Kessil's New Tunable A350 Series LED Lamps

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

If you've been to some aquarium shows in the last year or so and stopped by the Kessil booth, chances are you might have unknowingly seen a prototype of the just released Kessil A350 and A350W with the tunable knobs. That's right - not only is the 350 series more powerful with a 90w output, but both the A350 and the A350W have tuning knobs that let you manually adjust light spectrums to your tank. The A350W is the wide angle model with 140 degree reflector (edge to edge). The A350 will be release late this month with the A350W coming late May. MSRP on both is $399. More below.

[​IMG]
    The new Kessil A350 and A350W LED Aquarium Lamps

KESSIL RELEASES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED
    A350 AND A350W TUNABLE AQUARIUM LIGHTS

RICHMOND, CA Kessil lighting proudly announces the highly anticipated A350 and A350W Tuna Blue LED aquarium lights. Incorporating the latest high power Dense Matrix LED™ technology, the A350 and A350W platform delivers high-powered, vividly bright light with proprietary tunable blue spectrums specifically designed for aquarium and reef sector consumers. The release of these products represents another significant advance in Kessil’s Spectral Revolution®.

The A350 and A350W Tuna Blue aquarium light, uses DiCon Lighting’s X350 Dense Matrix LED™ platform, has an advanced vapor cooling thermal management system and a 90W maximum power rating. This uniquely designed spectrum is a combination of two slightly refined Kessil spectrums: Sky Blue and Deep Ocean Blue. These two spectrums can easily be adjusted by manually tuning two knobs. When both channels are at their maximum level, the spectral characteristic is close to Kessil’s signature Ocean Blue spectrum, but a touch brighter.

Two different versions of the light are available. The A350 comes with a 31-degree (62-degrees edge to edge) reflector and delivers a stream of intense focused light that can penetrate to the very bottom of a deep tank. This model is recommended for users with tanks deeper than 24” or for reefers who have corals with high intensity lighting requirements.

KESSIL RELEASES A350 / A350W
    AQUARIUM LIGHTS

The A350W is a “wide” angle model, with a beam spread of 70 degrees vertically (140 degrees edge-to-edge). Besides being a general-purpose aquarium light, the A350W is a great fixture for large frag tanks because of its vivid light output, compact size, energy saving efficiency, wide-angle coverage, and cool output.

“We are extremely proud of this major advancement in aquarium lighting with the creation of tunable blue spectrums”, said Brian Chiang, DiCon’s Vice President of Marketing. “We believe Kessil Lighting consumers will value the tremendous energy saving benefits of our Dense Matrix LED™, the vivid shimmering water and coral colors our lights produce, and the 'wow' factor created by the significant amount of colors this newly released Kessil light reveals.”

The A350 will be available in the U.S. market beginning in late April 2012. The A350W will have a release date of late May 2012. Both models have a suggested retail price of $399.00.

For more information, please visit Kessil Lighting- The Spectral Revolution

About Kessil Lighting

Kessil® Lighting uses advanced brilliant high-power Dense Matrix LED™ technology, dramatically transforming the way lighting is used to grow plants for horticulture. It targets essential wavelengths for growth with powerful,
    penetrating streams of light. Kessil® Aquarium Lights create vivid shimmering water and coral colors. They are smaller, smarter, cooler, brighter, and energy efficient, lasting up to 40,000 hours. Kessil® is leading "The Spectral
    Revolution®".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. zackscott20

zackscott20 Fire Shrimp

i wantttttt, buy me 2 of them matt? ;D

4. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

These guys hit the pricing sweet spot. Looks like a great light for some of the bigger and deeper tanks.

5. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

I might need one of these for the cube. Could it cover 36x24 with lowlight corals?

6. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Matt, you should get one of those cool give a ways going for one of these. That'd be a great way to grab attention for a new product : )))))

7. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

seems to me like it would have a major spotlight effect on the tank.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Louis, I bet you could get away with one A350W for that tank.

The Kessil 150w was plenty of light for a biocube/nanocube 28/29g. I think that has a footprint of 24 x 24, correct?

10. Seano Hermano

Heck yeah! +1 for this! :D

11. Seano Hermano

Will this be available in white?

12. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

They are sorta dimable, they have a dial for "deep ocean" and their "skylight" color temps, i dont think they will be "white" but i'm sure you could get a 12k ish look if you messed with it. If you have to have the white light then i dont think this would be a good choice .