CPR's Big Hit at MACNA - First A.I.D. Required

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

CPR Aquatic's new 'First A.I.D.' box has to be the sleeper hit of MACNA this year. The 'A.I.D.' stands for Acclimation, Isolation and Dosing and gives an indication of multiple uses a hobbyist could use this for. The acclimation part is the most profound as many fish deaths occur from poor acclimation. CPR has managed to find a set and forget way for us to acclimate new fish that is fool-proof and insures proper acclimation every time with an auto-stop bracket. More below.

[​IMG]
    Acclimation just got a lot easier with CPR's First A.I.D. Box

TO USE:

1. Open valve on bottom of box and adjust to your preferred rate. (When the valve is fully open, it takes 35-40 minutes to fill with tank water.)
    2. Place box on auto-stop bracket.
    3. Pour water and new fish from bag into box with care and replace lid.

As box fills slowly with tank water, it will sink until the auto-stop on bracket is reached. Wide-open with the valve will take 35-40 minutes to fill the box with tank water which is plenty of acclimation time for most common fish and inverts.

At this point you can remove the box, dump through a net and and add your fish to the tank.

The great thing is that CPR has given fish a better chance of living by providing a tool that gets the critical acclimation done safely every time. And for mistake-prone people like me and for the fish, this is a big, big deal.

CPR First A.I.D. Box
    • available in 6 - 8 weeks
    • $50-60 for regular
    • $80-90 for large
    • when valve is wide-open it takes 35-40 minutes to fill
    • use externally as a dipping station
    • could be used as a doser
    • can hold egg-crate for frags with ledges inside box
    • auto-stop bracket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CPR Aquatics' Web site:
    CPR AQUATIC, INC.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Very cool new item. Thanks for the info.

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

This was one of the coolest, simplest idea's I saw at MACNA. It's one of those things that you slap your forehead and say "D'OH!" Pictures don't do it justice. Watching it set up and actually working was very impressive and as Matt said it truly is "set and forget".

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Awsome gadget.

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

does it mix the water from the bag in your tank? If not how can it be used as a doser?

7. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

I think to be used as a doser they just mean you can place it above your tank and adjust the needle valve to drip into the tank. It's a really cool item and it seems like it's gonna get copied by generic companies pretty quick.

8. Click Here!

9. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

It seems to me that it works by the outside pressure of your tank pushing water in through the valve slowly until pressure equalizes. This seems like an awesome concept, but if it truly is set and forget, what happens when pressure equalizes. Is there some kind of one way valve that would stop water from going out?

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

+1 thats what i was wondering about

11. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

Do you guys really want to get that nasty copper treated lfs water that close to your tank?

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

People put fish bags right in the tank all the time and push them down to add water from the tank. That seems closer to me!

Great question Mike the valve might be one-way. I will ask and follow up..

matt