Donation Drive to Keep 3reef Going

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, May 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hi all -

You may have noticed that 3reef was down for several hours last night until early this morning.

Once again, this was an issue with 3reef's web host (not me!) that brought the site down. They have brought it down 3 times in recent memory with their 'management.'

So 3reef needs to move. ASAP.

A decision has been made to not only get a stronger dedicated server, but to manage it 'in house' to ensure that others to do not 'manage' to screw it up anymore.

This will mean that I will spend considerably more time and money than I do now with this site. Both of which have already been ramping up considerably in the past year.

I will do it because I believe in 3reef.

If you believe in 3reef too, if the information and advise you receive here has helped you out and is worth something to you, if you love the contests and cool prizes, etc.. then 3reef is asking for your help.

If you would like to support 3reef during this time, please make purchases in the 3reef store:
    3reef Store :: 3reef Tropical Fish Shirts

Buy 3reef shirts, buy 3reef bumper stickers. They are cool and high quality shirts.

This will do the following:

1) Help 3reef get out of debt. A lot of money was spent on the store and inventory. This investment will help 3reef down the road, but it put us in the red for now. To date only 5 orders have been place in the store. :p Ouch.

2) Reduce stock in the 3reef store - making the opportunity for new and cooler products come sooner.

3) Profits will be used to help 3reef move to a new and better server setup that is desperately needed ASAP. New server costs are 40% higher per month than current server. So your help is needed.

4) Give you something for your donation.

5) Cheer me up. I need it. :)

I hate doing this. But these issues merit it. No BS. Please help. And thank you very much. It is sincerely appreciated.

matt

DONATION GOAL: 50 Shirts sold
    TO DATE: 42

As this site grows, so do the expenses and time to keep it going. If this site has been a help to you, please consider making a donation via the 3reef store and become a '3reefer' today.

Donations via 3reef Store:
    3reef Store

[​IMG]

If you are a member of the forum, you will receive this cool badge in your post profile that shows your status as a contributing member to 3reef.com! (Of course you don't need to be a member to make a donation.)

Lastly, I would like to thank all of you that have made 3reef what it is today. This site has been very rewarding for me, and I hope it has helped you and your fish in some small way.

SEXY NEW PHOTOS FOR THE 3reef STORE !!! 8) ;D We needed real pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Support 3reef by buying a shirt in the 3reef store and get on the map! :)

<EMBED src="/images/shirts_for_store.swf" quality=high bgcolor="#104690" NAME="3reefshirts" allowFullScreen="true" WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="202" ALIGN="middle" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" ></EMBED>

Sincerely,

Matthew Rogers
    3reef.com

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Matt,

I'm a little broke right now and trying to get a new 72g bowfront or I'd order a ton of stuff. However I am in the IT field and I do have a rack full of servers sitting here bored and at home i have a PE2900 with 4gb ram and 2x quad core xeons with a nice rack of hdd's sitting around collecting dust, if you need some space to run the site I'll see what I cant do, also a friend of mine owns a datacenter here in town so I can get dedicated server space dirt cheap, just let me know

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks Ifraf. I figured I would get a couple tech suggestions.

I am in the tech field too. I have done my homework here and have a Peer 1 solution in the works. Thanks for the offer though.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

It's on the way Matt, your work and dedication is always appricated. :)
    I have two shirts already so put the money to use. You should see it in PayPal.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[​IMG]

DONATION GOAL: 50 Shirts sold
    TO DATE: [STRIKE]0[/STRIKE]... 5

EDIT 5 today. Thanks for a good start!

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thank YOU! :)

8. Click Here!

9. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

NP, site's helped me tremendously

10. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

im about to put a order in for t5 bulbs in a couple days, so ill def get a shirt or 2.

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

If you don't need a shirt...

Please note there is "Support 3Reef" page to help Matt out. ;D

Donate to 3Reef!

EDIT - PLEASE READ NEXT POST....

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2008
  12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

NO! You completely missed my point. :)
    The point is to move shirts, get better shirts and use profits to help 3reef.
    This will give you something for your donation too. ;)
    A win/win!

Thank you so much. I know the store still works now. :) I will update your profiles right now. Karma and badge on way!

Last edited: May 15, 2008