3reef Store Update

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hi all -

UPDATE JAN 15th - STORE IS BACK ONLINE!
    http://www.3reef.com/fishstore/catalog/index.html

I have received a number of inquiries about the 3reef Store in the last couple weeks so I wanted to give you all an update...

On Christmas eve, some of you may recall the site essentially coming to a stop. After much investigation over a couple shifts of hammering, I concluded that it had something to do with the 3reef store.... a process from there was consuming all of the servers memory.

In order to get the site up as quickly as I could (umm yeah - better late than never), I had to shelve the store until I could really conduct a thorough investigation.

I am near the end of that and the evidence shows that the 3reef store became chum for search engine spiders which attacked in a frenzy creating a snowball affect. This ended up eating up all the RAM and eventually corrupted some database tables.

I have repaired the tables and have closed the door on spiders in that area.

Since it has been down this long, I might as well perform some upgrades on the store software which actually will be dramatic as the new version is totally different.

I hope to have this done by the end of the week and the store up by next week.

Then the current 3reef shirts will remain on sale at $15.

*If you know someone who is a professional at Adobe illustrator - PROFESSIONAL - please send me a PM as I have some new designs in the works that I hope to get out by spring. PMs ONLY regarding this please.

FOR YOUR - TOO MUCH - INFORMATION... :)

Thanks for your patience!

matt

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Awesome, wondered what happened. I will be placing an order for a 3reef shirt when it's up!

4. reefwisperer

reefwisperer Feather Duster

right on matt!!!!!!!!....................ok everyone stand back we have a genius at work.....lol..any way i can't wait to start sporting my 3reef shirts. happy reefing to all

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Sounds great.

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I'm in too. Need another shirt or two.

7. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks Matt, I can't wait to get a shirt!

8. Click Here!

9. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

I was wondering are there 3reef window stickers for a car. Ya know how car dealer ships are putting stickers on peoples rear windows!!

Just a thought/questions.. if not maybe it is something for thought.. Could be in the shape of a fish and just say 3reef.com in the middle!!

I am probably a day late and a dollar short but like to think out loud.