Zeroedge questions

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by pink4miss, May 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

Hi,

im new here and was hoping to get some info from people who actually have one of these tanks. i would love to hear from those who have had it running for a bit and see pics of there tanks. im thinking of purchasing one of these. they are a bit pricey so i dont want to make a pricey mistake. i feel they really dont have many minuses. but only a person who has owned one and had it running a while can answer that.

thanks for any info you can offer

2. Click Here!

3. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I can't answer personally but my LFS has had one running for qhite a while. I asked them about theirs and they siad they haven't had any issues and that it's been really great :)

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I think any tank is sure to have its nuisances, but with the way they look I think it would be a worthwhile trade off. The question that's always stuck in my mind is cleaning the glass. Algae would surely form on the outside and that wouldn't be hard to clean, but there wouldn't be an easy way of cleaning the inside glass. I don't think it would be possible to clean it with a magnet, so you would probably be left with hand scraping.This still sounds worth it to me. I just thought it was worth pointing out to you.

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

my thoughts are why cant i get 2 magnets and put the 2 cleaning sides together to clean both sides of the glass at once.

7. mikejrice

I was thinking this too. I think if you tried it with the tank running, water would splash off the magnet and create salt creep everywhere, but if you shut off the return while cleaning the glass, it may just work out perfectly.

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

thanks i never thought of the splash while cleaning the sides. i would have learned the hard way. lol

i have also thought i would have to shut the tank off for feeding to.

10. mikejrice

You wouldn't have to, but it might be a good idea to keep food from accumulating in the trays where the water overflows to. Like I said before, every tank has its downsides. Once you are used to them I don't think you will be any more inconvenienced than with a normal tank. You will just have some tricks that the rest of us don't use. MAKE SURE YOU GET IT LEVEL!!!

11. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

yes they have the upgrade cabinet that has leveling legs on it. im thinking thats the route to go. i also like the idea of being able to wipe under it in case water spills. i have wood floors and would hate to move the tank one day and find the floors damaged. so the legs are ideal.

12. mikejrice

They also look sweet. I've always been a sucker for furniture style cabinets. Is there a link to the size and shape you are thinking about? I want to drool with you.