Zero Edge 80g Cylinder, I want!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by MoJoe, Jun 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

This must be a newer ZeroEdge, with the "cascading-over-the-sides" filtration, looks really cool. I wish I had the $ for it!

Anyone ever see one of these 80g cylinders in-person? They had a custom 30g on display at MACNA in 09' it seems.

Cylinder Zeroedge - ZeroEdge Aquarium

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• ze.jpg
      ze.jpg
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Cool, I always liked them, but they were always a bit small (but big prices). I've though about them anyways, but there is a limited selection of fish for an open topped aquarium... Great for invert only tanks though. Except snails I guess, they can sort of just crawl over the side and never leave the water.

4. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

Yeah def good points on the top and things jumping/crawling out. If I had the funds I would probably try to devise some crazy mesh top method that didn't interfere with the filtration over the edges.

I would also be a tad wary of that amount of water constantly flowing over the sides esp since we all know how many things we need to plug in for our tanks.

I'm wondering if these tanks are better imagined in our heads than in actuality in terms of practicality/function.

5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Anyone know the price by the way? IIRC the 36g was a few grand LOL.

6. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

I don't think I wanna know :).

I also know that the SW LFS in my state that can get them is insanely expensive, I never go there because of the crazy mark-up on everything.

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

This thread has been moved to the Fishtank Brands and Kits forum

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I would live to see one in person.

They had several large zeroedges here in Tucson, at Southwest Salt. They were stunning.

The evaporation is supposedly a nightmare though. I could deal with it, for such a beautiful tank.

10. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

another good point on the evap, you'll prob need a 100g reservoir with your ATO :)

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I am not a fan of these tanks because they don't always have an even sheet of water going over the side of the tank. I look from the front of my tank more than the top. Algae on two sides of the glass is also a nightmare in my opinion. However, the concept is awesome and they do look neat in person. Just not something I would ever buy for myself.

12. TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden 3reef Sponsor

Also heard that can't have much flow in the tank. First off where would you put the powerhead? Second any ripple on the water surface will result in ripples down the side obstructing the view.

Jack