Your dream set-up

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by GoToSleep, Jul 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Hope this doesn’t get too hard to follow but I’d like to hear what equipment folks would use for their ultimate hi-tech reef. Desirable features: bigger is better, right? But let’s try to keep it between 180 and 375 gal. Optimal conditions for SPS corals and Tirdacnid clams. Automation and ‘easy-maintenance’ to included monitoring and dosingfor pH, ORP, etc…, automatic top-up, temperature control, plumbing for easy water changes. Preferred lighting, filtration, skimmer. Lighting control and water movement.

In other words, if you had the room for a 6-8 ft tank and just found a $20,000 lottery ticket what would you do?:eek::eek:

2. Click Here!

3. sauce-n-tank

sauce-n-tank Feather Duster

lol your seriouse about the lottery thing??

4. phorn

phorn Bristle Worm

I think I would call Tangster and tell him to go to town...;D;D;D

5. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

6. sauce-n-tank

lol set it up and post pics asap!!!!

7. phorn

phorn Bristle Worm

Seriously though, if I had 20 large, I would PM Tangster. I would also look at Otty's tank. That would probably be my dream setup. Generator backup, real-time stats. That's one bad-ass system...

8. Click Here!

9. sauce-n-tank

yes on the generator! CHA CHING!!!;D

10. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I've read Otty's thread beginning to end and it does look pretty awesome. I was just looking to if anyone out there would refine a few things. Maybe Otty would even change a thing or two if he had it to do over.

I didn't hit the lottery myself but I thought that might get some creative juices flowing.

I promise to post lots of pics but right now all I have is one insanely messy garage and 9 tutrles in a pair of 40 gal tanks that sit on the stand for my old 130 gal reef tank. If people really want to see turtles I'll try to get something up.

Right now I'm looking at 2 months of planning and 2 months of construction. What do I keep seeing in somebody's signature line? Go slow, let it grow? or as I was fond of saying as a child... Patience is a choo choo.

11. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

my hubby's best friend won 800k on powerball a month ago...lucky guy..........nope, I know you're gonna ask.... peeps don't share that much $$, even though they raised together and are like brothers. It's cool though. I always say I'll take my lottery winnings 1 dollar at a time(scratch offs)

I really love my 135 so I guess all I would get is some really good lights(Tangster) and a bunch of corals........ Maybe a lifetime supply of salt and other supplies...

yeah a generator would be a good idea too.......natural gas

12. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I do have a 500 gal in ground propane tank and a 200 amp automatic transfer switch installed. All I have to do is put a generator in between them.