Yeah boy!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by aquaboy, May 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Home depot, the only place around here that sells acrylic has only clear. But i have seen many pics of systems that incorporated backgrounds and rockwork made of "Great Stuff" so, if thats safe, i guess ill try that. Im following Tangster here and trying new things to build up my experiance ;)

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Oh, and my dad being a roofer, sidning person, doors and windows, and self proclaimed house "Flipper" has many cans of "Great Stuff" laying around :laughing0

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I see where you are going with this. Great stuff/expanding foam? And paint? I just saw an article about this in one of my mags. If this is what you eare talking about I'll look for the article.

5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Thanks! I dont think ill paint it, but rather get some brownish colored sand and get it "stuck to either the foam or polyurethane so it look like actual rock. And hopefully, coralline will cover it and make it look like actual rock wall. imagine a nano cube with that black acrylic piece, but with rocks piled on it :D

6. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

7. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Well i have the acrylic already, and i really want to try that great stuff wall :D But if all fails, ill get the colored Acrylic ;) :p

8. Click Here!

9. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Well, i guess ill update whats happened with these tanks so far. The 10 has become a Quarantine hospital tank, so now i have two, hey you never know ;) The 30, to my disappointment had to be trashed. The top rim came off and was cracked, and revealed that the silicone was all dryed up and cracked. So i said screw it and chucked it. Now the twenty, i have cut the acrylic cut a an overflow in one corner and a hole for a pump in opposite. Painted it black with two coats and applied 3 coats of polyurethane. The great stuff wall be came too much of a hassle. Considering the false back wall and built in filtration is gonna take 2-3" and the foam wall would take another 1", i just painted it as not to waste space.