Would this tank be ok

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Chas19, Jan 23, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Chas19

Chas19 Astrea Snail

I have what I think is a 20 gallon high tank its 24" high, 10 1/2 " deep and 20" wide. Do you think this tank would be OK to try and set up. I am worried about how high it is and not much room to work from front to back.

2. Click Here!

3. Crabby Jim

Crabby Jim Sea Dragon

Hey, you can stack rock from top to bottom and make a nice reef wall that would be cool.:goldfish:

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I would try try trade it for a 20 gallon long.. Less depth easier to light, that's what I'm doing... JMO... If you can't it would still work out fine....

5. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

it could work but personaly I would trade for deeper and less height.
    10.5 thats small for the height. imo

6. Chas19

Chas19 Astrea Snail

Yea I was looking at the 20 L I like it think it would be cool or even the 30 L but I live in a apartment so dont have much room. Anyways what would you guys suggest as filters and all. I have read about hagen Glo T5 lighting would that be ok or just better to get some other type. Sorry I know more questions asked enough about my 12 gallon nano but I just want to start another one too. Maybe a bad idea

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

From exp. I would try to get a bigger tank from the start. When you start small, it gets more expensive when you begin to up-grade. If allowed, try to start with a 40-55gal tank. You'll thank me later, Luna.

8. Click Here!

9. skytechsc

skytechsc Astrea Snail

I am with Luna on this one, since the bug bit me I wish I had splashed out for a 75g now. But like I've said if I can keep my 8g alive I will upgrade "if the better half will let me". Blackmail might work.

10. Chas19

Chas19 Astrea Snail

Well I think I am leaning towards the Red Sea Max 34 Gal. My LFS has a layaway deal on it right now and I think this is going to be my best option. Does anyone know anyone with one and how it runs. Just curious if anyone knows if this is good or did they add alot to it.

11. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

my friend had one that backed up and overflowed since the filter system is built into the tank. for saltwater 50 gallons is a good minimum.

12. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

Yup..

I would go with the biggest you can fit into the space you have allocated for a tank.