Wisconsin Coral event at Discovery World this sat sept 19th-09

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WT SPS, Sep 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. WT SPS

WT SPS 3reef Sponsor

Discovery World/WRS/MARS/FVRS Coral Frag swap. Registration is open for the event taking place September 19th from 9am until 5pm.

Discovery World
    500 N. Harbor Dr.
    Milwaukee, WI 53202

Discovery World is partnering with WRS, MARS and FVRS to put together what very well may become south eastern Wisconsin’s largest frag swap. We have room and yes, electricity for upwards of 65 traders and vendors. In addition to the coral vendors the clubs are working on providing a full day of guest speakers, demonstrations, used dry goods sale room, and other related activities. Vendors and manufactures will be offered the chance to make a tax deductable donation to the coral/livestock/dry goods auction and or Raffle. Proceeds will go to Discovery World’s Atlantic Coral Project. Just to entice you further, we have already had a few donations to the auction. Alternative Reef has promised a few goodies and there will be a handful of ORA corals as well. I will update everybody with planned attendance numbers and vendor participation as well as the list of confirmed activities on a frequent basis.

Prices for the attendee and vendor packages are listed below, admission includes full regular admission to Discovery World’s aquarium and other exhibits as well as the frag swap activities.

Reservations will be handled by Mike Armgardt from our group sales department. Mike can be reached at 414-765-8618. To make life easier for everybody we can take your credit card over the phone.

Attendee price $8. Pre-registration is required. If purchased on the day of the event, regular admission rates apply. (A regular adult admission is $16.95 and parking is about $14 for 6 or more hours)
    Includes: Admission to Frag Swap, Presentations, Admission to Discovery World’s aquarium and all other museum exhibit areas & HD nature films
    $5.00 parking for 1 car
    Additional family members $8 each
    T-Shirts available for $9 each

Trader/Vendor Price $40 per 4’ section of table. Vendor setup will begin at 7am. We are looking into possible Friday night setup for interested people.
    Includes:
    4' section of table with power
    Admission for 2 people for Frag Swap, Presentations, Admission to Discovery World’s aquarium and all other exhibits & HD nature films
    One Event T-Shirt
    Free Parking for 1 car
    Free Behind the scenes Aquarium Tour
    Additional family members $8 each
    Additional T-Shirts available for $9

We will do out best to post answers and information on the forums we have access to, but any questions, suggestions, ect can also be sent to Discovery World’s organizers, Paul or Ken

Thanks everybody, I hope to see you at the event!

Member of the Northern Wisconsin Reef Society! www.nwreefsociety.com

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Im hoping someone I know from this site will be going and taking a camera?

Steve

4. MaMoL

MaMoL Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I will ;)

1 person likes this.
  5. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

I'll be there as well as several other 3reef Wisconsinites.

Its The Discovery World Swap!!!! Not the Disney World Swap! Someone better fix that! I'll take pics and post them to the site for sure. We have all of the major Wisconsin reef clubs coming, a few MN, MI, and IL people, and a lot of amazing local coral/fish vendors. Should be a pretty amazing turnout. Registration must be made by Friday to get the 50% discount and $5 parking.

1 person likes this.
  6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Are you saying that the thread title needs to be changed from "Wisconsin Coral event at Disney Channel" to "Wisconsin Coral event at Discovery World"

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

When you wish upon a starrrrrrr......

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yes, that is what it should read. Not the disney channel.

I am the Vice President of the Wisconsin Reef Society, and I will be there with Matthew, and the President of WRS. I am sure other 3 reefers will be there.

I will be taking pictures of the swap, and I will post them here.

1 person likes this.
  10. mattheuw1

FYI, anyone planning on going to the DISCOVERY World Swap tomorrow (Saturday), make sure to pre-register over the phone with Mike for the $8 admission and the $5 parking!

If you do not pre-register, parking is $14, admission is $17! $31 total instead of $13 total.

Anyone else coming?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  11. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I took a couple of pictures of the event, but not at the peak attendance times. I was busy at the WRS booth signing new members up and answering questions from attendees. oh, and I bought a few goodies.

I thought it went very well, and we had a good turnout.

early on, before most people showed up

[​IMG]

A little later, but still not at peak attendance time
    [​IMG]

Bill's table, aka Midwest Saltwater
    [​IMG]

Paul's Coral table
    [​IMG]

At both Paul and Bill's displays, I had to wait for a while for there to be less people at the displays. Otherwise, you would barely have seen the displays.

I took a pic of this Milwaukee harbor fire boat using it's thrusters doing maneuvers behind our booth.
    [​IMG]

12. mattheuw1

I took some more pics....just the swap...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not my pic below....came from http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3104/2682274053_67f3b2270f.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wet Thumb Frags flew in all the way from California and she had some very nice stuff. She kept enticing me with buy one get ones and $10 off $20 of her already good prices.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.