Who has been messing with my tank?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Swede, Aug 23, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swede

Swede Flamingo Tongue

Its not the fire shrimp. They have their little hide out at the back of the tank and i've never seen them near this bit.

Also am no longer too sure if what I saw is actually a bristle worm as it doesn't look quite like any photos i've seen.

It is a dark red in colour but its body seems to be much more segmented than a bristleworms' (kinda like a piece of bamboo if that makes sense) with each segment being 3-4mm long. The "bristles" weren't all along the body, but were only present at the ends of the segments.

I am now confused and slightly scared:-/

2. Click Here!

3. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

my clarkii clown moves stuff around like that.i guess a big enough bristle worm could do that as well

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Do a search for "eunicid worm" and see if that's what you've got.

1 person likes this.
  5. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

I had a euncid worm in one of my rocks. I saw it grab some food one day. I took that rock out to scrub it [ hair algae] and decided to get rid of the worm --no worm came out, but I saw shells that were like glued together. I brushed them of--out came 2 worms. They had built a trap door with shells.

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Whew that was a good one!

7. Swede

Swede Flamingo Tongue

Thanks Amcarrig. I just googled "eunicid worm" and the pics I found looked just like the nasty little f@#! thats in my tank.

Eunicid Worm

Ist Time: Your observations have also confirmed it. When I move the shells back out of the way, they feel like they've been glued together.

I can't imagine that this thing is good for my tank, so as of this moment I am putting a bounty on his head and will pay handsomely (in karma of course;)) for best suggestions on how to kill it.

8. Click Here!

9. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

10. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

update

this is my updated tank with my newest attraction. it has a few zoa's on it and 3 different branches of something. that picture of it is about 30 minutes after i put it in so it will take some time to get back to normal. but it looked amazing at the store though! please comment and tell me what you think. all comments are greatly apperciated. ;D

Attached Files:

11. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

if its a fish i say it the clowns

12. DendroGuru

DendroGuru Astrea Snail

mantis shrimp. got to be.