which skimmer to use????????

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by johnny, Apr 24, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnny

johnny Plankton

Hello, I stumbled upon this site and think its great. I have a question I have a 150 gal reef tank set up for a year now and I am currently using a kent marine skimmer which seems to do allright but my tank still has floaters in it so I purschased a turbofloater 1000 with a rio 2100 and a cap 1800 feeding it instead of the overflow method. I really want to know if anybody has heard or knows which skimmer is better ? which skimmer should stay in my sump. I am also installing this weekend a dolphin amp master 3000 and ditching the bio balls in favor of a plenum system or should I just do the berlin method? I have about 240 lbs of live and 150 lbs of sand. Which do you think would be a better method. Thanks for all your input guys.

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Green, 3, 100%]Hey johnny,

I am the "proud" owner of a "Turbofloater 1000 multi" and consider it the best skimmer I have every owned. They can be a little "touchy" to set up (though this is the exception rather than the rule), but once "dialed-in" they are hands down the best you can buy at that price range. Here's a link to our "Product Review" forum where you will find some more interesting info:
    [/glow]

www.3reef.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Product;action=display;num=1047309231

[glow=Maroon, 3, 100%]I hope this helps you. IMO, you can't go wrong with an Aquamedic.[/glow]

4. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

Heee's Baaackkkkkk....
    WELCOME TO 3r JOHNNY,,,
    Where's dat banner, Matt??????