What's the difference between these three MH's

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Puffer Chick, Jul 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Ok, so as soon as i thought i had found the lighting that i was going to buy, i found a Metal Halide in my price range, and MH is what i would really love to have.

These lighting's are almost exactly the same but differ in price range and wattage.

D&T Aquarium Supplies-Aquarium Supplies For Saltwater And Freshwater Aquariums, And Ponds

D&T Aquarium Supplies-Aquarium Supplies For Saltwater And Freshwater Aquariums, And Ponds

I like the sound/look of these MH's their in my price range, it doesn't seem like my tank would need a chiller with the wattage's, i would probably be able to keep whatever coral i want, i would get the moonlight like i want, and of course the amazing MH itself.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Oh yea the tank will be a 46 gallon bowfront

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

haha it's me again. Those are single bulb which would put the bulb right above your center brace. Not good when that happens.

5. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

the only difference i see between them is one has regular power compacts, one has very high output compacts and the other one has t5's
    and i think one of them came with 14k metal halide and the others were 10k

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

dang it, i was sooo excited when i finally found a MH in my price range.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that's what i saw to but i wasn't sure if the difference of the three was anything major or not, they all seem about the same

8. Click Here!

9. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

unless you are going to run a chiller or have a decent ac, I would stick with the t5. That's not a huge volume of water for the mh to heat up in a short time.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

also another quick question, with the 36" 6x39W Tek Light T5 High-Output Fixture w/ Bulbs (Black), is that the kind that i have been seeing hanging from the ceiling? If so i can't have that kind, the only kind of light that i'd be able to have are with arms or that just sit right on top of the tank

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok i guess i'll just stick with the t5's then as i won't be having a chiller and with the construction going on the house, there will be no ac all summer (ick) and the only way that we will be cooling the house down is having all the window's closed and the ceiling fans on.

12. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

they come witht he tank mounting kit. You can also hang them. Remember though. the six will prolly be too wide.