what salt do you use

Discussion in 'Salt' started by fishpimptony, Jul 13, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

even if there were i don't think i would use them, you coast guys can just go pick up some fresh seawater when ever and you know it is fresh. they actually sell packaged seawater at some of the lfs around here. it's just that you don't know where it came from or how old it is.

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I have used only I/O since the mid 60's until I came to work here we use a special blend that is assayed and certified every batch and its a a great salt first I have ever used other then I/O I have set up systems using about every brand there is But not in my tank :) We have this here blended for more Ca and higher Magnesium and Strontium..And we had them to change the blend now for more carbonates I was not liking the low carbonates levels and having to jack the DKH up to my preferences after the fact.. If anyone would like to try a sample ? I'll send you enough for 5 or 10 gallons for just shipping cost . we may make it available for sale ? Its certified by the new england something or other Amcarrig may recall it ? the cost is very pleasing as we buy it by the pallets and every 25 boxes have the assay certified stamp and a contents sheet on it.. We use it in all the systems we install and maintain . Found the info New England Bioassay, Inc.
    They certify all of the salts we use New England Bioassay, inc. provides high-quality acute and chronic toxicological test services. These are not the people who mix the salt though we just have them to check to see its what we are paying for. It all looks the same to me.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  4. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

I use instant ocean, it is readily available at my lfs and a good price. no complaints so far

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

BUMP

I'm looking at buying another bucket of salt and was wondering if anyone here has used Seachem's Reef salt??? This is an old thread but still useful!! :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  6. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

reef crystals

I use reef crystals. I am very happy with it.

7. eggerstout

eggerstout Skunk Shrimp

IO works pretty good, I want to try IO reef crystals, just gotta get through my new bucket

8. Click Here!

9. Matrix2009

Matrix2009 Plankton

Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt

10. 4218kris

4218kris Plankton

iv been using red sea coral pro anyone else use it?

11. morau89

morau89 Fire Shrimp

instant ocean for me

12. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

reef crystals ftw!
    lol, i love this stuff.