What is your favorite livestock shipping option?

Discussion in 'Salty Underground' started by saltyunderground, Jan 31, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What is your favorite livestock shipping option?

1. Flat Rate Shipping

20 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. First Item Plus Shipping

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Exact Cost Shipping

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. saltyunderground

saltyunderground 3reef Sponsor

Please help us decide the new livestock overnight shipping module that will be added to our website soon. Here are your options in more detail.

Flat Rate Shipping: You pay one flat price for anything and everything you order. The cost might be around $36-$38.
    Pro: You can buy unlimited livestock for this price.
    Con: It may cost more than other options if you only want one or two items.

First Item Plus Shipping: You pay a flat rate for the first item and maybe $1.50 or $2 for each item added to the order after that. The flat rate might be around $32-$34.
    Pro: It costs less for one or two items.
    Con: It costs more if you order more than a couple of items.

Exact Cost Shipping: You pay our exact shipping costs for your order.
    Pro: If you live in the middle of the country your shipping may start at around $24 for the first item.
    Con: If you live on the coasts your shipping might start at around $34 for the first item.

Please post questions, comments, your own ideas or ideas from other websites. Thank you in advance for your input!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I'm for exact cost shipping but that's mostly bc I live in MO as well.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I choose flat rate, IMO, it's great for livestock and dry goods. I also like flat rate b/c when I buy online, I usually don't just purchase 1 or 2 items, I purchase several items b/c know that shipping will factor in, but usually it's still cheaper then the lfs.

5. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

I voted for the flat rate.if I'm going to order online I will try and get a few things all at the same time.it works out better for my area since most fish/coral places are from the west coast(ish)

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This is a really close poll!

I think we need more votes. :)

7. slocal

slocal Doot!

I chose flat rate as well for the same reason as the other posts. When I order from anyone but my LFS, I purchase multiple items to make up for the shipping costs. I suppose it's an enticing way to get people to order that one extra frag.

8. Click Here!

9. saltyunderground

saltyunderground 3reef Sponsor

Thank you to everyone who voted. We are going to offer you the best of both worlds. The new low exact cost shipping rates are now in effect our the website. Priority overnight shipping starts as low as $20 depending upon where you live.

BUT, if you call us to place your order, we will give you flat rate shipping of $36 for all the livestock you want to buy. Just mention 3reef when you call us.

You really can have it all.