What do you use to maintain the calcium & alkalinity?

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, Aug 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I've been very pleased with the aquavitro line from seachem. I started dosing 2 years ago to keep up with my corals demand and I've only used aquavitro. I use reef builder from seachem as well when I run out of eight four by aquavitro. I have to dose alkalinity every night in small doses with top off to maintain my alk at 10. I dose calcium 2-3 times a week and rarely do I dose magnesium as my weekly water changes with coral pro salt keeps that inline.

MarineDepot likes this.
  4. MarineDepot

Thank you very much for sharing. We always love to hear what everyone else is doing and what works best for them. :)

Amy @ MD

DSC reef likes this.
  5. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

I used to use seachem calcium and reef builder alk (and loved the results). But one day my tank started reacting bad to it and I tried a few times more. Even contacting their customer service(which was very helpful). So then I switched to kent cal, alk, mag. And things have been happy since. But a little pricey.

MarineDepot likes this.
  6. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

First ten years I used calcium hydroxide (Kalk).
    Last decade I've been using Randy Holmes Farley's DIY formula.

MarineDepot likes this.
  7. MarineDepot

Good seahorse information in the link in your signature block. We're actually working on a seahorse article for next week.