Welcome to the Reno Area Reef Society!

Discussion in 'RARS' started by PackLeader, Jan 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. uphoto

uphoto Plankton

Hey guys, wanted to say "HI" and hopefully I'll be able to drop in once in a while to support the club.

aaron

2. Click Here!

3. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Heya, and welcome. :)

4. reefermon

reefermon Plankton

FNG here. I live out in Washoe Valley and have recently gotten back into the saltwater world. I've been into saltwater for about 15 years now on and off again. I got the bug again a few weeks ago and just started stocking my tank up today.

Looking foreward to sharing with you all.

5. reefjunke

reefjunke Plankton

hello

I'm here in reno, posting, anyone here want to trade stuff? plolys, sps, lps? Live rock rubble

6. erikmcreason

erikmcreason Plankton

I need help

I have been a freshwater enthusiast for about 15 years and have recently (in the past year) converted to saltwater reef. i started with a 200 gallon tank. i currently am facing a couple problems and i am looking for some solutions maybe even some assistance with my tank. my biggest issue right now is micro bubbles. i beleive it is caused by my overflow (hangon) pipe diameter being too small for the gph rating of the return sump pump. i cant find a overflow pipe in any fish store or hardware based store, i was hoping somone here may have one lying around or know were to get the right one.my second problem is lighting. i have high output t5 which are good to go but my metal halides are very big and intense, shouldnt be a problem right? well the issue i have is that they are too big for my aquarium canopy and need to be hung over the tank. if i could find a smaller or more compact setup for halides i would be in good shape... id be willing to trade/buy in order to fix my problem. finally since my tank set up is fairly new i am always looking for more live rock, fish, corals etc. if you have anything to help me out or you can part with please let me know and we can wor out trade/payment/donation ;-)

Erik

7. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

I have Kenya tree and red Montipora that needs to find a home. I also have bubble tip anemones to trade. I live out in coldsprings. Time to change up some things in my reef.

8. Click Here!

9. psiclone

psiclone Purple Spiny Lobster

still have all the tanks up?

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Mine is still up but not sure about most unfortunately.

11. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

I still have all 3 up and growing. Tanks are doing well. Unfortunately I am divorced now but that how life goes I guess.

Jack, We will have to meet up again soon.

Jeremy

12. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I got rid of the 55, but have a Biocube HQI that I am starting up this weekend. So some of us still have tanks.