Weird dimensions and t5

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by ontop27, Dec 23, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

I have a forty breeder that i partitioned off 6" for a sump. So for sake of argument let's call my tank 30x18x16 high. I have a mix of all corals. I am running a 6 bulb 24" Hamilton fixture. Mixture of ati and guiesmann bulbs (one of which is an actnic) I recently switched so I don't know long term how my coral will like the fixture. No shadows on the sides as I really only have 3" on each side without a bulb over it. Do you think this is too much light for a breeder? I am waiting to get my clubs par meter, but in the mean time I am hoping to add one more actinic bulb and pull another. So it would be one purple plus or coral plus not decided yet, 2 actinic, and 3 blue plus. My only concern Is with 2 actinic and a 24" light over 30" of tank would I have enough light for my sps which are only on the tops of the tank, and my rock nems which are on the bottom. I can tell its currently too much light for my shrooms and chalice's. I should have a par meter within the next two weeks I just don't want to waste money on a bulb if I will have to take it out right after . thanks for any input!

2. Click Here!

3. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

And the option would be a guiesmann power chrome actinic or uvl super actinic which according to grims par list puts out the most par for an actinic bulb

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I think that's a good amount of light. I ordered a purple plus and love it! I think you would like the looks with your combination