wassup locals.

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Reef Club' started by ilikespam, Sep 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ilikespam

ilikespam Feather Duster

I actually live in o.p. but hey whos measuring.anyways i started saltwater about 3 months ago because a lady was going to literally throw her 20 gallon tall saltwater tank out in the trash so i got it before it was sent to the curb to roast in the sun.It came with 4 red mushrooms,a colony of brown button polyps,lots of astera starfish,orange firefish and a zebra bar goby but he was having issues and passed away bout a month after getting it.Ive added 2 baby clarkii clowns.It was way over crowded with decorations and the light was broken.She was even using a hob filter and crushed coral but that didnt seem out of place to me because i was used to freshwater and i use a hob and crushed coral.After some research i learned what i needed to do to get this tank back right.So i am now building a 40 breeder show tank and the 20 gallon will be off my kitchen counter.lol.

first pic is the 40b build.
    Second pic is the 20g saltwater sewer box.Ive added a few things since this pic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j93IaqT4sk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwIm3KEa3qw&NR=1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Welcome to 3reef.

Your adventure into SW sounds like it was meant to be. An upgrade is always the first sign of commitment, congrats.

4. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

Very Cool man. What plans you got for the 40g breeder. BTW I'm selling my wetdry if you are interested

5. ilikespam

ilikespam Feather Duster

how much for the wet/dry.
    maybe if you help me sell my 55 fresh setup i might get it if the price is right im cheap.
    also im not drilling my tank so i would need a hob overflow.

6. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

I have any overflow box on 90g. Prob like 40 bucks. It doesn't have bioballs, I replaced them with live rock (which I'll be keeping for my sump.

I know you've used OP Aquatics before. I swung by there last week and was underwhelmed. I use Coral Logic for almost everything cause they take care of me. Them and Bioreef both have overflow boxes in stock plus much better stocking than OP aquatics

7. ilikespam

ilikespam Feather Duster

Yeah he is in the process of a lil remodel and its a fairly new store.
    In my opion he has nice livestock and good lr.
    he is understocked and you have to order alot of stuff be he has helped me so much with all the questions i have had and getting my water to good condition and those other places are a good distance from me.

8. Click Here!

9. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

definitely understandable. if you find a shop you like and they treat you well, stick with em!

10. ilikespam

ilikespam Feather Duster

ill probably be interested in the wet/dry let me know when ready to sell it.

11. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

i have my sump on order through Coral Logic and it should be here tomorrow or friday...

12. ilikespam

ilikespam Feather Duster

i have found a dislike about this site.No emails to tell me if someone has posted on one of my threads or to one of my reply's.