Vertex IN 100 Review

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Dasco, Apr 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay Reef

Jay Reef Feather Duster

I have a vertex in-100 as well. Out of the box, great skimmer. A tad bit more pricey compared to other skimmer rated at 100g but a good quality product and quiet pump. Pulls great skimmate and is very easy to adjust. If you ever plan on upgrading though get the 180 or another skimmer rated higher.

2. Click Here!

3. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Thanks Jay Reef will defiantly upgrade to 180 in the future. This thing has a solid build and was simple to put together.

I think this was a great buy cant wait to get the sump/refuigium next week and get her running.

TY to all for the feedback and helping me in the decision making.

E

4. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Forum:

What would be a good pump return for this setup?

TY

E

5. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Forum:

I was at my local LFS today and he mentioned the Vertex 100 PS was over kill for my 90g Oceanic and would over skim my nutrients... I totally trust the advise and reads i have found here. Man i was pissed!... He actually wanted me to return the purchase and of course buy from him.... What a Dump A**.

I was going to purchase from him a refuigium / Sump and he wanted to sell me on a system with bioballs that was custume made no guarantee whatsoever and for the same price 330.00 for the unit i have on hold with him now......the old bait and switch routine.

My question we are going to cancel our order tomorrow and we are wandering how do you all feel about the ProFlex Model 4 Sump - 2200 gph setup with my new VertexIn 100 series II PS.

Is this a good match?

ProFlex Model 4 Sump - 2200 gph

TY

E

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  6. VitalApparatuz

VitalApparatuz Feather Duster

I love my IN-100:biggrinbo

It was the first skimmer I had ever bought but Im glad I took the time to save the $$ and get the best for the buck. Running on 18 months now trouble free.

7. tavo

tavo Plankton

my IN 100, yesterday went crazy... it's a year and a half old.. it's throwing microbubbles in an exaggerated way, and filling the cup super fast..

any ideas???

8. Click Here!

9. VitalApparatuz

you add any additives? or even frag epoxy can do it

10. tavo

tavo Plankton

I added some Redslime control..... I thought the same thing but that never happened in the past.. and today it still crazy, it's not running right now because this reason

thanks for the fastes reply ever..

11. VitalApparatuz

redslime remover will do it for sure. It could take a day or so to get back to normal.

12. tavo

tavo Plankton

ok, thanks... I was worried because it has never given me any trouble...