Updated pics

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by map95003, Aug 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

Been 2 wks since we sold our home and left the tank behing with the new owners. I have to admit, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. I think the new owners are getting into the hobby and starting off with a really cool tank that requires minimum maintenance. Hopefully they invest the time to learn the right way of caring of it and keep it thriving. We were busy packing and moving I forgot to take some recent pics....these are a few months old but the most recent I have. Thanks to everyone who helped along the way and provide positive feedback over the years. Good luck with your tanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

Wow that looks awesome. Sorry you had to let it go but glad the new owners are getting into it! Very great looking mixed reef!

4. map95003

still check in here from time to time....saw my old tank a few weeks ago, lost some color because the new owner wasn't dosing anything for a few months and he was overfeeding, but he's doing a good job for someone starting off with a tank like that and no prior experience...skimmer and fuge working crazy overtime. Got him setup for dosing so parms should be back in check soon. He added some new fish so it's crowded, but he's planning a larger DT...with a few frags from him I could probably have another setup within a few month....crossed my mine more than a few times. Tank still looks great.

5. map95003

It's been about 6 months since I've been out of the hobby. Still see my old tank from time to time, most of the SPS have died off...can't explain how that makes me feel when I'm standing in front of it, especially those bright pink/orange, purple and that crazy cone shaped green monti cap I had but it's no longer mine so it is what it is.

I'm planning my new basement project, of course I'll be building another bar but this time I'm thinking of setting up a new 225 FOWLR inwall...I've always wanted a clown trigger, a cool angel and some other aggressive fish. I was obsessed with corals, but this time around I'm looking for looooooooo maintenance.

6. map95003

Got a deal on a new 180g...I tried to stay away from the hobby but couldn't, the journey restarts... Last tank was a mixed reef, not sure yet what I'm going to do this time

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  7. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

In my opinion, you should go with a mixed reef again. You had too much success not to.

8. Click Here!

9. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

...only a matter of time. Good to see you back!

10. map95003

I like mixed reefs, I like the movement in the tank....we'll see, I wish I still had those large colonies in my last tank, those would fill out the 180 nice.

Thanks, I'm putting together an equipment list, I'm going to run this tank on minimal equipment, mostly DIY...even less than I had on the last tank. This stuff is too expensive, and I don't believe all sorts of gadgets are needed to run a successful tank.

11. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

haha... I knew it would happen sooner or later.. Glad to hear it!!

12. lukaszra

lukaszra Plankton