Urgent Torch Coral Dying?!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dis-adventures, Jan 13, 2017.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dis-adventures

dis-adventures Plankton

It looks like our torch coral isn't doing to well. We recently moved it to a new area in the tank because we added a hang on the back protein skimmer. One of the heads had previously died, but we left it as is. Now it looks like a second one is starting to die and you can start to see a lot of the skeleton. I also noticed that it seems to look like it is kind of "rotting" on the bottom of the base. The coral also had brown coming out of its mouth, I couldn't tell if it was poop or brown jelly. The coral seemed to be doing fine yesterday, but something must have happened today while I was at work.

Please help with possible solutions to revive our coral! Thank you in advance :)

I have uploaded pictures to my google drive of what the coral currently looks like and what it looked like yesterday.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1JBlXItYoR-NzZQcnZjUWdXX3VuWHktOTRQVFpMNExLRk1R

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed.jpg

Our water parameters are:
    48 Gallon Tank
    Water Temp: 78.2 F
    Salinity: 1.025
    pH: 8.4
    Ammonia: 0ppm
    Nitrite: 0 ppm
    Nitrate: 0ppm
    Phosphate: 0ppm
    Mg: 1400ppm
    KH: 4.5Meq/L
    Ca: 380ppm