The Red Sea Max Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

depends......if you like IndianOutlaws, why not get the same?

2. Click Here!

3. HORTON16

HORTON16 Sea Dragon

I think i will get the same

I love the RSM but it is soo expensive

4. railroader46

railroader46 Skunk Shrimp

I have had my rsm for about 6 weeks now and I think I could got a larger tank with a sump for the money I have spent on it just to get it at this stage. But you live and learn. Anyway the rsm is a nice tank the only problem I have with mine is the stock protien skimmer tha came with it sucks. I Have recently replaced it with a tunze nano 9002 and it has pulled three times the amount of crap out of the water in three days than the stock one did in 4 weeks. Other than that really no other problems. Plenty of room in the filtration chambers to mod it

5. nybatu

nybatu Bristle Worm

horton, i have rsm and i am very happy with it. as railroader46 said i will change the skimmer b/c tunze 9002 is the best and quite, prizm is sucks. other than that it is the best all in one if get with chiller as you stated don't even think a minute.

6. HORTON16

HORTON16 Sea Dragon

thanks guys

I ended up with the Oceanic much more reasonable price

7. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

I really thought about getting the RSM until I saw the t5 pcs, what is a t5 power compact?

8. Click Here!

9. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

I'm with RailRoader46. I've had my RSM for about a year now. Sharp looking tank but you can definitly do better from a price perspective. Spend a little more and you could have a tank twice the size. I have since retired this tank and now have a 120. The RSM was a good first salt tank for me. taught me a lot.

10. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

T5 relates to the diameter of the lamp, as lamps are measured in 1/8's of an inch. T5 is therefore 5/8" diameter. The "Power Compact" relates to the fact that this style of lamp is different from a regular "linear" lamp. A Powercompact lamp has only one endcap and allows for far more illumination in a small area (eg: MAX lamps are approx 23" long and each one is 55watts, where as a regular T8 linear lamp would be around 20watts. Additionally the PC lamp is actually 2 tubes together so its possible to have 50/50 white and Actinic. Hope this helps

1 person likes this.
  11. harleytim2005

harleytim2005 Plankton

Does anyone have any idea when the new RSM 250 will show up at our LFS?

12. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

It is already in Florida but you really need to ask your LFS as they can't keep them in stock. People are ordering them faster then they get them in.

CA