The Red Sea Max Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[​IMG]
    Click image to see the Red Sea Max!

This new all in one reef aquarium from Red Sea looks rather nice. T5 lighting, big skimmer and waterproof switches show attention to detail.

What do you think? Anyone seen one? :yaknow:

2. Click Here!

3. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

I think those are like $600. I guess that's ok if you got more money than time. I would think you could put this together for less money, but I'm afraid to look at all the receipts I have saved from my aquarium purchases :-[

4. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

It's a nice package but how big is it- I may reccomend one to a friend

5. Chubby

Chubby Astrea Snail

Just searched on the net. its 34 gallons.
    Chubbs

6. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

Very nice , thanks Chubby

7. celron

celron Plankton

So does anyone actually have one of these yet?

I would love to hear your opinions and see some pics. Im liking the idea of the tank but they are not available in Australia just yet and I am having trouble finding any detailed images of them....

Cheers!

8. Click Here!

9. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Yer im tossing up between one of these and an Aquaone 620/620T. They are priced at around $1,000 in Australia, but the Aquaone's are only around $300 so im not sure which way to go. The Max has everything and would be a good base for an awesome nano reef tank, but that is a hell of alot for a tank. Might have to start saving!!

If anyone sees these or buys one, let me know how they go!!

Cheers,

Breed

10. troy_s

troy_s Plankton

G'day,
    There are a stack of these now set up at LFS across Sydney. These are one serious unit. Anyone who is still considering mucking around with trying to convert freshwater units (Aqua one) to marine use is ripping themselves off.

The max unit is designed from the ground up for marine use and comes with everything needed for someone to get started. On top of this, it is a proper (functional) piece of furniture. - doesn't look like something out of a lab.

Guess you guys haven't got these as yet (Australia leeds the way once again). If you are considering setting up a nano wait untill these are available.

cheers
    Troy
    Pet Pacific

11. BlackWhiteYellow

BlackWhiteYellow Astrea Snail

your right, i started my tank with an aqua-vital 620. nothing but heart ache trying to battle high amonia blah blah crappy filter. i just gave up on it, chucked it in the garage untill i can come up with a way to rebuild the cannopy with better filtration.

this red sea unit would have been ideal for me when i started of.

where in sydney have you seen the red sea?

12. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

I saw one at the Local LFS in Banktown fully-set up with stand, tank and starter pack for $1650. Its 34 gallon or approx. 128L and has everything built in ready to go. I got a price on a Aqua Vital 980 which is 58 gallon or 220L re-done to the max with reef lighting with moon lights, sump reef filter, skimmer, it is resealed and has a glass box in the corner where the water runs down into the sump. They are both black with black but the Aqua Vital is priced at around $1500, so what way would u guys go? larger, cheaper, and modified or smaller, expensive and standard.

Cheers,

Breed