The Coral Pro Salt Test Spin

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Also forgot to mention because I had two buckets broken during shipping Dr. F&S is now placing the buckets in cardboard boxes.(Guess it happened to a few people) I am not sure if this is temporary or not. Lets just hope Red Sea doesn't change to a better bucket and charge us more for it.:cry:

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Not a claim, just my experience. I currently have a about ten sps frags, some zoas, shrooms and a clam in my 30 gallon nano.

4. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

I also had the same problem. Although my buckets were cracked, the packages inside weren't compromised. I will give kudos to Drs. F&S. I sent them an email regarding the cracked buckets and they responded within 30 minutes. The buckets do seem to be a little on the thin side. But then again, it is winter here on the east coast, so it could have just been the handling.

In regards to the salt, I have also tested and my CA and Mg numbers were real similiar to Matt's. My Alk tested much higher though.

Great salt and I will continue to stay with it. Several of my local reef club members are trying it also.

5. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

I've been using Red Sea pro for about a year now and my tanks are doing great! Clears up in a matter of minutes when mixed with RODI and I get very consistent numbers with it. Good to konw!

6. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

Lets hope they do change the buckets. You can never have too many buckets.

The first bucket of Red Sea I got the handle had poked through the exterior. The second bucket I ordered was shipped in a box and seems to be intact but its still full of sailt...

7. wallstdrifter

wallstdrifter Flamingo Tongue

You put an elephant on the highway when you correctly stated the high alk might translate to an end to two part boosting. Who needs two part when you have good water? Two part and MgSulfate (epsom salt) will screw up your water parameters. There are salt mixes out there that makes that stuff bogus.

8. Click Here!

9. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

10. wallstdrifter

DID Anyone Find The Sweatspot W/Epsom and Two Part??

I like feeling like a chemist as I slowly replace my salinity and alkalinity with epsom salt (MgSu)and two part. Then, when I find the sweatspot, nothing seems to go right!

or:-/

I love my hobby. I've got decent equipment and water that I keep working on. My water parameters are always spot on. The coraline algae and sps do consume alot of MgCl blend however and their growth is robust.

11. wallstdrifter

Currently I am using Aquacraft Coral Marine Sea Salt. I've got 5" of Florida crushed coral bed with a 1" Plenum. My tank consumes about 75 Ml Aquacraft Mg chloride blend a week, all other parameters are perfect. Calcium is a constant 430. SPS grow out is horizontal and robust. Going on my third year without any rocket science. Alk is always 13 DKh.