Tankmates for a cinnamon clown

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by unSERtain, Jan 9, 2017.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. unSERtain

unSERtain Plankton

Hi
    I have a 55g that's almost ready to accept my adopted cinnamon clown. It's got 55+ lbs of base rock and a bit of live rock, a bunch of caves, and a lot of swimming room. The structures/piles of rock are mostly on the back of the aquarium, but they can still be traversed in/through. So the questions have to do with stocking (besides the clown).
    Said clown came from a tank with a bunch of other damsels, and she had to defend her territory (a rock arch) a lot, but now that she's alone, if I feed her brine shrimp with a pipette she cautiously approaches the pipette. So she can be very territorial (though she's never hurt anyone, and yes, she had been previously paired), but she can also be timid.
    I was wondering if putting a valentini puffer in there with her (after a quarantine period, of course) would be a safe thing for both of them. I don't plan on a reef any time soon as I have zero time for that right now with school and all, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Also/if that wouldn't work, would a gramma basslet be acceptable?
    If both don't seem like good candidates, maybe you can suggest something to me that won't cause anyone involved pain and/or suffering due to territorial disputes.
    Thanks in advance!