Tank Upgrade

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by boostenmkiv, Jun 17, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

I too have a bow front tank (my first saltwater tank) and I too have a refug.( I wouldn't go any other way)and just like BL says it keeps the main tank in good repair. along with my skimmer in the sump of the refugium it is recreating the eco system of a real reef. I have a retro 2x65 PC and the lighting is great for.... let me see I am so proud of my new corals.....:) torch coral, toadstool leather, xenia, zoas, ricordia, pulsing xenia, star polyps, and some others that i cant remember the name. and all are fantastic. so dont be put off by nay sayers of the bow front. a retro PC will do the trick. Best of luck.
    oh yeah i forgot to mention the refugium also doubles as a holding tank if you dont have the room while rearranging in the main tank or whatever.

2. Click Here!

3. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

oh yeah, and i too built my own refugium. it is in here somewhere,built my own water top off system with float switch too. the research in how to build and how they work is really very interesting and give you a warm fuzzy that you are doing right by your fish and corals.
    ;)